CrossFit Division: February Elements Program- Tonight, Thursday Feb 5th, 2015- 7:00pm
What: The group Elements program is an opportunity for new athletes to learn the fundamentals of CrossFit in a small class setting. Groups will consist of no more then 10 athletes led by 2 coaches. Athletes will graduate Elements with a basic understanding of the CrossFit methodology including the fundamental movements, proper warm-ups and cool-downs, nutrition and mobility.
Who: Everyone interested in training at CrossFit Division.
Where: At CrossFit Division, 505 Conestogo Road Unit 8, Waterloo Ont.
When: Sessions are offered once a month and last for 3 weeks. Classes are held Thursdays at 7:00pm and Saturdays at 8:30am. Starting tonight, Thursday Feb 5th, 2015
How Many Sessions: 6 definite elements sessions. More sessions may be required based on the coaches evaluation of each individual athlete. If a session is missed, the athlete must make up the session with a coach before graduating.
Active Recovery Day
25-40 Minutes of one of the following performed at 60-70% effort, easy, restorative pace:
Row: Focusing on mechanics, smooth and efficient with a very low stroke per minute pace
AirDyne: Keep the pace conversational and relaxed
Note about Active Recovery: The activity selected my be restorative for you. It can also be an opportunity to work on a skill (Rowing), but the effort expended should leave you feeling energized at the end of the session, not depleted. I would also prefer to see active recovery done as soon after rising as possible on the active recovery days. Its an opportunity to start some blood flowing and aid your recovery.
Mobility and Maintenance
* Choose 1-2 Thoracic Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 5-10 minutes with them.
* Choose 1-2 Upper Extremity Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 5-10 minutes with them.
* Choose 2-3 Lower Extremity Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 10-12 minutes with them.
* Ensure that you have quality foods prepared in the appropriate quantities to fuel your efforts for the remainder of the week.
* Different for everyone – could be meditation or could be gathering with friends; the key is to engage in activities that make your life full and help you recharge your batteries.
12 – 9 – 6 – 3 – 6 – 9 – 12 Reps of:
30 Double-Unders after each Set
Post times/loadings to comments