***Tonights 6:30 Class is cancelled due to the weather*****
Your understanding is appreciated
Athlete of the Month: Pat Dean
1) Pat Dean. Long time 5:00am veteran. How do you feel about that hour of the day?Honestly this is the best time of the day!!! Nothing has gone F-ing wrong yet so it sit back and enjoy the cool sounds of gangsta rap and slamming barbells!! Nothing wakes you up better then sweating with friends. Plus you get the workout out of the way to enjoy the rest of the day.
2) How did you initially find CrossFit, and what was your first experience?
My wife Juli started doing CrossFit in Elora early summer of 2014. She told me that I would love it and should give it a try. So I did, I was at CrossFit Elora till around November 2014 when all the programming got changed and I was unable to make it to classes because all of them were during the day and I was in Kitchener working. So I started doing research on the boxes in town and came across CrossFit Division. Low and behold the first workout posted on the website was “Murph”! Ummm fuck that place I thought in my head. So I went and tried another affiliate in Waterloo. I thought though before I make a commitment I will give CFD a try. I first talked with Sharon who was so awesome with welcoming me to the club and showing me around. The one thing that has always stuck with me is when Sharon showed me the “ Better then Yesterday” quote on the wall. I read it every time I am walking out of the box. I am so happy that I decided to give CFD a chance.
3) The “Early Morning Breakfast club crew” class is hurting during a long AMRAP. Time to break out into a solo with the microphone. What are you singing?
4) If you could visit anywhere in the world for a day, with instant travel time, where would you want to go (and do)?
I would go back to Australia and visit friends and kite board. Plus if i can stop myself from having to sit in coach for 23 hours with instant travel, Oz is the place.
5) What does a day in the life of Pat Dean look like outside of CrossFit Division?
I own a commercial roofing business and I am 4th generation Dean to own it!! I spend half my days in the office and the other half on the road looking for new work or checking on my men and their projects. My partner in crime Juli and I are the proud parents of Penny and Charlie (future CFD’ers) . We spend our nights playing outside and getting our fitness on. Kids have a hard time keeping up!
6) Give us a fun fact that we don’t know about you. Until now.
I love to BBQ and cook!
Oh and I love Beer!
2 Rounds of…
Minute 1 – 5 Power Snatches (95/65) + 10 TTB
Minute 2 – 15/12 Calorie Row
Minute 3 – 5 Clean and Jerks (95/65) + 10 TTB
Minute 4 – 15/12 Calorie Row
Minute 5 – 5 Thrusters (95/65) + 10 TTB
Minute 6 – 15/12 Calorie Row
Post times to comments