Active Recovery Day
25-40 Minutes of one of the following performed at 60-70% effort, easy, restorative pace:
Row: Focusing on mechanics, smooth and efficient with a very low stroke per minute pace
AirDyne: Keep the pace conversational and relaxed
Note about Active Recovery: The activity selected my be restorative for you. It can also be an opportunity to work on a skill (Rowing), but the effort expended should leave you feeling energized at the end of the session, not depleted. I would also prefer to see active recovery done as soon after rising as possible on the active recovery days. Its an opportunity to start some blood flowing and aid your recovery.
Mobility and Maintenance
* Choose 1-2 Thoracic Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 5-10 minutes with them.
* Choose 1-2 Upper Extremity Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 5-10 minutes with them.
* Choose 2-3 Lower Extremity Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 10-12 minutes with them.
* Ensure that you have quality foods prepared in the appropriate quantities to fuel your efforts for the remainder of the week.
* Different for everyone – could be meditation or could be gathering with friends; the key is to engage in activities that make your life full and help you recharge your batteries.