1. Where are you from and where do you go to college/what year?
I grew up mostly in Stratford, ON. I am a Ph.D. student studying Psychology at the University of Waterloo.
2. What is your favourite exercise/movement in CrossFit? Least favourite?
I really like rowing (*insert shoutout to coaches Bhillie and David Arthur Romero for their support here). I tend to dislike things that don’t come easily to me, and there are many of these movements in CrossFit. But I often surprise myself when I stick with something that I initially don’t like or try something that I think might be too difficult. Progress is so motivating- so that list is getting shorter and shorter!
3. What is your biggest strength you are bringing to CrossFit Division?
I try to bring a positive attitude to the gym with me every day. Sometimes that’s easier said than done, but no matter what I always leave CrossFit in a better mood than when I arrived!
5. What 3 words would your closest friends use to describe you?
I had to poll a few friends for this one: witty, loyal, and kindhearted.
6. What’s your favourite cheat food?
I don’t know if this counts, but I absolutely love sweet potatoes. I would literally eat only sweet potatoes if I could.
7. What do you do when you’re not CrossFitting?
Usually, it’s something school related (#studentlife). But, there is nothing more important or enjoyable to me than spending time with friends and family. I’m really lucky to have such a solid support network.
8. What motivates you to workout everyday?
I am motivated by all of the changes I’ve noticed in my body. I can lift more, move faster, and I just generally feel better. That keeps me coming back- I want to see what’s next!
9. If you could program a WOD what would it be?
Hmm. Probably something involving rowing. Maybe some sandbag carries? This is a tough one…I’ll just leave the programming to the professionals!
10. What is your biggest goal at CrossFit?
My biggest goals are to stay consistent and keep working hard.
21 DAYS OF GAINS: Day 4 of 21
A1) Barbell Reverse Lunges: 20-20-20
A2) Goblet Squats: 20-20-20
A3) Weighted Wall Sits: 1:30-1:30-1:30
B1) Front Squats: 5-5-5-5-5
C1) Assault Bike Mashup: 100/80 Calories *Every 2:00 Minutes perform 25 Air Squats*
Saturday Dec 7, 2019, 9:00am- Fran for The Food Bank, CrossFit Rebuild