For Time: 60-50-40 Reps:
Post scores to comments
OPEN GYM- 9:30am-11:30am
CrossFit Kids- 11:30am- 12:30pm
CrossFit Teens Strength and Conditioning- 12:30pm-1:30pm
6 Rounds of:
1 minute of rowing
1 minute of burpees
1 minute of double-unders
1 minute rest
Try for as many reps as possible of EACH exercise, not just total score. Post separate totals of calories rowed, burpee reps and double-under reps completed to comments.
In Teams of 3, “Waterfall Style” 30 Rounds of:
10/7 Calorie SKiERG
5 Burpee Box Get Overs
100ft Heavy DBall Carry
Post scores to comments
Athlete of the Month: Jason N.
1. Where are you from and where do you go to college/what year?
Grew up in Hamilton. Attended McMaster University from 1990-1996 and U of Waterloo from 1996-2000
2. What is your favorite exercise/movement in crossfit? Least favourite?
Favourite: Muscle up – because it took a lot of work to get them
Least Favourite: Double Under – put in a lot of work and still suck at them most of the time
3. If you could follow only one instagram account, what would it be?
@JasonNoack of course. He’s got some great nature photography 😉
4. What is your biggest strength you are bringing to CrossFit Division?
I love to encourage other people and see them succeed.
5. What 3 words would your closest friends use to describe you?
I’ll dedicate this to my best friend who passed away this week. He would have said “jerk, jackass, jerk”
6. What is your favorite TV show?
Game of Thrones – drinking, violence and sex. Something for everyone!
7. What’s the last thing you searched for on Google?
8. What’s your favorite cheat food?
Ice cream – it’s actually a staple for me
9. What superpower would you want to possess?
Can’t pick just one so I’ll just say the powers of Superman
10. What do you want to be when you grow up?
I suppose I’m already pretty close to grown up 😉 How about “famous nature photographer” as that’s where my passion is.
11. What do you do when you’re not crossfitting?
I spend a lot of time outdoors and travelling doing nature and wildlife photography
12. What motivates you to workout everyday?
Being a role model for my kids and keeping up with them
13. If you could program a WOD what would it be?
something with rowing and rope climbs probably
14. What is your biggest goal at CrossFit?
To continue to feel young and continue to do things that most people think only young people should do
15. What does a typical day in your life look like?
On weeks with my kids it’s pretty kid focused. Wakeup, make lunches and then breakfast. Work a bit from home and then drive them to school and then go to work. Hit the gym at lunch time and then back to work. Pick up the kids and then work from home for a while. Make and eat dinner. Play some games with the kids, watch a show and then go through their bed time routine. I then get a couple of hours to myself usually doing some photo editing and posting to my facebook page and/or instagram page.